Monday, February 9, 2009

Goldie and the Three Bears by Diane Stanley


This book is, obviously, a retelling of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, which I've decided is a story I just don't like. Goldie is kind of a brat, and kind of demanding (to quote: "Goldie knew exactly what she liked--and exactly what she didn't.") Seriously, do I want to make my toddler even MORE picky? But I suppose at 2 she's too young to pick up the subtleties. As for being a B book, it was okay. It has less B words than one would think, especially because the bears don't show up until the final third of the book. But it was okay, and Emma seemed to enjoy reading it.

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought (actually, since I've become a mom I've thought) that it's interesting to tell kids a story about a little girl who just enters a home belonging to someone she doesn't know?!? But my kids love the story. I think they love the repetition.

    ReplyDelete