Friday, February 27, 2009

C Week in Review

Another good letter week has come and gone. I've discovered the best thing about this project is the awareness of text that it gives Emma. Almost anywhere we go--driving in the car, at the grocery store, at church--she says, "Look, look! Letters!" or she points out the individual letters and says the sounds. I'm no expert, but I'm betting that's a pretty important prereading skill. It also makes for excellent impromptu entertainment ("What letter is that? What sound does it make?").

PS. Sorry for the sporadic posting lately. My husband has been home off work the last couple of weeks studying for the bar exam and monopolozing my (I mean our??) computer. That and a stomach bug that set us back for a few days and delayed D week. Plus, I've got 8 weeks to go and am already itching to evict this baby. Is that enough excuses for you? I'll try my best to update regularly.

1 comment:

  1. 8 weeks!! That's a very good excuse, in and of itself, to not post regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete