Monday, February 9, 2009

Butterfly

Our art project this week was to make a butterfly. I had orignially thought to stick two hearts together as wings, but to emphasize the letter, I took a 12x12 piece of cardstock, folded it in half, and drew a big letter B, with the straight edge on the fold, like so:

Then I cut out along the B with scissors, careful not to cut through the fold. Then we whippped out the crayons, and Emma colored the wings:

To finish it, I punched a hole in the top, and put in a plastic twistie-tie (like from a loaf of bread) to make the antennae. I really would have preferred pipe cleaners, but I didn't have any. I guess I will have to stock up on toddler art supplies. The finished product:

1 comment:

  1. Have you read Fancy Nancy yet? In the Bonjour Butterfly book, this is how they make party invitations! I've thought it would be really fun to do a birthday party with a butterfly theme for Kaia if she's interested the next time her birthday rolls around.

    ReplyDelete