Tuesday, June 9, 2009

F Books

I've decided to condense the books into one post for the week, as I don't have all that much to say about each one.

<First Day by Dandi Daley Mackall. This book is a cute, rhyming story all about the first day of school. Even though she's never been to preschool or daycare, Emma really identified wtih the illustrations and enjoyed the story. And there were plenty of Fs!

Froggy's Baby Sister by Jonathan London. Frankly, I find the main character, Froggy, a bit annoying, but the story line is something we can identify with at our house. :)

Fast Food by Saxton Freymann. This book is all about modes of transportation, illustrated with carvings of fruits and vegetables. An interesting and different book.

Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor. I've heard of this book before, but have never read it until now, and I think it's absolutely delightful! The main character is adorable and I love how her family reacts to her quirks. This book is definitely a keeper--for F week and beyond.

The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark by Ken Geist. If you couldn't tell, this book is an underwater take on the story of the three little pigs. Lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Well, we are definite fans of Fancy Nancy, as I'm sure you can imagine! I love that I can enjoy them as much as Kaia does. I laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete