Monday, January 19, 2009

Apple Prints

For our "Make" activity for A, I decided to try making some apple prints using paint and apples as stamps. (For a full set of instructions, see here). I had never painted with Emma before, and she was a little freaked out by the idea and didn't want to do it herself. (Part of the reason may have been that I stripped her down to her diaper to paint. I wasn't particularly in the mood to test just how "washable" the Crayola paints really are). However, she loved picking out the colors and sat at the table like a little general, telling me which color to stamp next. I will have to do art projects with her more often so she can become more comfortable--maybe watercolor paints next time? :) But it was fun, and will probably go over better if you have an older child.
Here's a photo of our masterpiece, as well as Emma being silly, which she is inclined to do lately whenever she sees the camera:

1 comment:

  1. That is a great picture of Emma! And I have found the Crayola paints to be very washable, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete